Crofton Cast Iron French Oven
•Porcelain enameled cast iron finish interior and exterior
•Distributes and retains heat evenly
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
• The cast iron construction provides this product durability and a wide range
of uses for both preparing and cooking.
• Before using your new cast iron cookware, wash it in warm water with mild
liquid soap. The cookware should be rinsed and dried immediately. Do not
air dry or store wet.
• Your cast iron cookware is safe for use in the oven or on a gas, electric,
ceramic or induction stovetop. Although it is safe for this cookware to be
used on these stovetops, it is strongly suggested that you refer to your
appliance manual to ensure the stovetop is compatible with enameled cast
iron cookware prior to use. Also, be sure to always lift the cast iron cookware
when moving to avoid scratching your stovetop and damaging your
• Note that the cast handles on the cookware will become hot during stovetop
or oven use. Oven mitts or hot pads should be used when moving. Rising
steam can cause burns as well, use caution.
• Always use plastic, wood or silicone utensils when stirring. Metal utensils will
scratch the surface.
• Do not use mixers or hand-held blenders in any cookware as this may cause
permanent damage to the surface.
• Do not cut food directly on the enamel surface of the cookware.
• Never use your cast iron cookware in the microwave, on outdoor grills or
• Tighten the knob carefully if it becomes loose.
• Oven safe up to 400 °F (204 °C).
• When placing the hot cookware on a table or countertop, use a trivet to
protect the surface from heat damage.